(Infants/Children 7 years and younger) call for information if your child is over seven years of age.
What is the process to have a child baptized at holy family?
- Must be a registeredparishioner at Holy Family for a minimum of three months.
- Parents must attend a baptism class within the past 2 yearsprior to the desired date of baptism.
- All the paperwork required for your baptism must be submitted two weeksprior to your requested baptism date.
- Godparentsmust attend a baptismal class. At least one of the Godparents must be a practicing Catholic 16 years of age,who has received Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation. If the Godparent is not a member of Holy Family, then the Godparent must obtain a Sponsorship Certificate from his/her parish. Non-Catholic Godparents must also obtain a Sponsorship letter from their church.
- Two Godparents are the tradition, but only one Catholic godparent is required. Only twoGodparents can officially be listed on the baptism certificate and in our register book.
(The New Parishioner Registration packet can be obtained and filled out in the parish office or at the Welcome desk) (Office Hours =Mon thru Fri 8:30AM-5:00PM)
What if it is an out-of-parish baptism at HolyFamily?
- It is required to provide a “Letter of Permission” from the parent’s parish and proof of attendance at a baptism class to have the child baptized at Holy Family.
- Fill out a yellow “Data Request for Baptism Register” form here at Holy Family. This form can be obtained from the Holy Family parish office.
- Godparents must meet qualifications as listed above.
- There is a $25. Fee for Out-of-parish baptisms.
What is the baptism class schedule?
When? The THIRD THURSDAY of every MONTH.
Where? The Main Church Sanctuary
Time? 7:00 PM
Length? Approximately 11/2 hours to 2 hours.
Children Allowed? Yes. If you absolutely cannot arrange babysitting.
How often are baptisms celebrated?
When? Baptisms are held on select Sundays during the year. They are held during Mass, usually the 10:30 or 12:15 mass. On occasion, they may be scheduled at other masses.
Items to Bring? None, candles and bibs provided.
Cost? None but donations are accepted.