The Respect Life ministry promotes life from natural conception until natural death through prayer, education, legislation and pastoral programs. Members are concerned with issues such as; abortion, physician assisted suicide/euthanasia, death penalty, dignity at end of life and human trafficking.
Members of the ministry attend the annual Florida March for Life in St. Augustine, hold a variety of support events for the local pregnancy center and educate the parish on matters related to life issues.
The Respect Life ministry is open to all who value life and is active year round. We meet on first Thursdays in the Parish Life Center (PLC) on meeting dates announced in the bulletin and by e-mail. Members are people of all ages who participate in the vital work of advocating for the lives of the most vulnerable in our community. Many of our members participate by receiving e-mail updates and attending events as they are available. We are looking for anyone willing to give of their time and talents and are in special need of someone who has expertise in social media or web page design and construction. Special training is available those who are interested in going to local abortion mills to stand for life.
The group sponsors a billboard and Google Ad campaign to promote alternatives for those seeking abortions.
Lynette Jecino at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Branch at email@example.com
Meetings: Usually the first Thursday in March, June, September, and December; dates and times announced in the bulletin and by e-mail.
18, 19 December – Spiritual Adoption Baby Shower
15 Jan – March for Life, St. Augustine www.marchforlifestaugustine.com
21 Jan – 25 Feb – Blue and pink crosses are placed in front of the church near Apopka-Vineland Road to bring awareness to over 482,000 the babies lost to abortion and to encourge prayer for the babies, for an end to abortion, that the hearts and minds of those who condone abortion be changed, for a change of heart of those who are involved in the abortion industry, and for the mothers and fathers and all who are affected by abortion.
22 Jan – Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children, mass at 8:30 followed by liturgy in the Stations of the Cross garden at church
Spring/Lent 40 Days for Life TBA
5 Mar – Laps for Life http://www.cf-laps.life/
26, 27 Mar – Hand out baby bottles for JMJ Pregnancy Center and collect them the following weekend
26 Mar – Spiritual Adoption Program until December
24 Apr – Divine Mercy Sunday
October is Respect Life Month
2 Oct – Life Chain, stand for life along Apopka-Vineland Road outside church
17, 18 Dec – Spiritual Adoption Baby Shower
Blind Eyes Opened
Resources For Parents
- Shared Hope International internet resources:
- Parent’s Safety Guide: https://sharedhope.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Designed-Internet-Safety-e-book.pdf
- Internet Safety: https://sharedhope.org/what-we-do/prevent/awareness/internetsafety/
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Resources for Parents and Kids: https://www.missingkids.org/intothecloud?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-_j1BRDkARIsAJcfmTHMFDYM2vBejwk1V2jBeSpU6Zbqs7zPYmCxFunjPGpV3WMC3H6NY8YaAoyJEALw_wcB
- A-21 Parent Guide for Kids: https://neutrinodata.s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/a21/userimages/PrimaryPreventionProgram-ParentKidsGuide-2020.pdf;
- A-21 Parent Guide for Teens: https://neutrinodata.s3.ap-southeast- 1.amazonaws.com/a21/userimages/PrimaryPreventionProgram-ParentTeenGuide-v2.pdf
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force: https://www.icactaskforce.org/Pages/InternetSafety.aspx
- Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
- Sex trafficking brochure: https://socialwork.asu.edu/sites/default/files/Parents-Sex-Trafficking-Brochure.pdf
- Be Safer Online! (netsmartzkids.org)