Join us for the 9 Days for Life Novena running Jan. 21-29. Click here for each day’s prayers.
The Respect Life ministry promotes life from natural conception until natural death through prayer, education, legislation and pastoral programs. Members are concerned with issues such as; abortion, physician assisted suicide/euthanasia, death penalty, dignity at end of life and human trafficking.
Members of the ministry attend the annual Florida March for Life in St. Augustine, hold a variety of support events for the local pregnancy center and educate the parish on matters related to life issues.
The Respect Life ministry is open to all who value life and is active year round. We meet on first Thursdays in the Parish Life Center (PLC) on meeting dates announced in the bulletin and by e-mail. Members are people of all ages who participate in the vital work of advocating for the lives of the most vulnerable in our community. Many of our members participate by receiving e-mail updates and attending events as they are available. We are looking for anyone willing to give of their time and talents and are in special need of someone who has expertise in social media or web page design and construction. Special training is available those who are interested in going to local abortion mills to stand for life.
The group sponsors a billboard and Google Ad campaign to promote alternatives for those seeking abortions.
Lynette Jecino at email@example.com
Sharon Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: UsuallyfirstThursday in March, June, September and December; dates and times announced in the bulletin and by e-mail.
40 Days for Life: Feb 26 – Apr 5 at
All Women’s Health [abortion] Center, 431 Maitland Avenue,
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701; Public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood
11500 University Blvd Orlando, FL; Public right-of-way outside 610 Oak Commons Blvd Kissimmee, FL. For more information and to sign up, please go here.
Divine Mercy Novena and Divine Mercy Sundae: Novena is from Good Friday to the Saturday after Easter; a service and sundaes in the Parish Life Center is on Apr 30, Divine Mercy Sunday.
Laps for Life: Mar 7, 8 – 1, Bishop Moore High School. Donations allow Knights of Columbus to donate ultra sound machines to pregnancy centers.
Stolen Innocence (Human Trafficking Event): Sept 19 in Parish Life Center
Life Chain: Along Apopka-Vineland Rd outside church Oct 4.
Day of Remembrance for the Unborn: Date TBD.
In The News
- March 19, 2019 article: Directors speak of ‘spiritual warfare’ while making pro-life film (Catholic News Agency) – https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/directors-speak-of-spiritual-warfare-while-making-pro-life-film-65279
- March 18, 2019 article: Counselors offer ‘loving sources of hope’ for women seeking abortions (Catholic News Service via OSV) – https://www.osvnews.com/2019/03/18/counselors-offer-loving-sources-of-hope-for-women-seeking-abortions/
- Jan. 23, 2019 article: New York passes abortion-rights bill: https://thetablet.org/new-york-passes-abortion-rights-bill/
- 9 Days for Life is a multi-faceted novena for the respect and protection of every human life. Each day, January 14-22, a different intention is accompanied by a short reflection, suggested actions, and related information. For information on the daily novenas, go to http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activities/january-roe-events/nine-days-of-prayer-penance-and-pilgrimage.cfm
- Jan. 17-19, 2019 blogs: Holy Family blogs from Fr. Benjamin and Julia G. from the March for Life. http://www.holyfamilyorlando.com/2019/01/16/holy-family-represented-at-march-for-life/
- Jan. 16, 2019 article: Keeping Florida Catholics informed – New fetal heartbeat abortion bill:http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/-fetal-heartbeat-abortion-bill-filed-in-florida-house?fbclid=IwAR1j5iI42yXBFIIuidvElw2kdHT8q2T9nMllUh4out5OEG3dr8XpBhkAnaM
- January 14, 2019 article: New York Abortion Bill Could One Day Make Being Pro-Life ‘a Crime’ https://thetablet.org/pro-lifers-n-y-abortion-bill-could-one-day-make-being-pro-life-a-crime/
- Statement of the Catholic Bishops of Florida on the 46th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade https://flaccb.org/news/bishopsroevwadestatement